Part II - Come to Him

Friday, April 5, 2013

Its been a bit since I have sat down and shared my thoughts on this next phase in the first chapter, "He is set...Come to Him." Honestly, it has taken a while to be able to accomplish this particular concept of s"sitting with Christ." You would think that it wouldn't be so hard that's why I bought the book in the first place. Isn't it easy to come to Him?



The book suggests that you make time where you can sit and ponder and be with the Lord. The author suggests closing your eyes and seeing yourself walk up the mountain and sit as the apostles did and just listen to his words but only as the sermon states for those who are willing to ascend to it.

Matthew 5:1 -And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:

This is my point, those willing to ascend to it. Again, you would think this is easy because the whole point of my journey is to be a disciple of Christ. So if you can not follow, then how can you be a disciple?

My journey over the last three months took me to an opportunity to grow both personally in character and spirituality  I had no problem sitting with the Lord at the mountain for several weeks. I felt like this step was to easy but kept thinking what I am doing wrong. I even felt I should not move on yet because I was not getting something. So as time went on, I had a trial come into my life that I thought in the beginning was a great gift and honestly it was (I learned a lot new things I wanted in life, behaviors I wanted to have in my life that I want to apply in my future and it also helped me look forward and not back, just as the bengal tiger, Richard Parker in Life if Pi. Which is something I have been battling with the last nine years.



People come in our life for a purpose but sometimes there only there for a moment and then you must move on and apply what you have learned. This was the lesson I had to learn. For the past few months I was able to start a wonderful friendship that led me to gain a better understanding of what I wanted and what is actually out in the world so that I would never settle. But thing about it is, it was only 1/2 what I needed there was still the other 50% that was missing but I didn't realize this. I actually found what I was looking for on the non-spiritual side yay for me getting closer. Was he spiritual yes, were we equally yoked...no. This was the hard step, having to be obedient even though I didn't understand why I must say good bye when I haven't laughed so much in my life literally (laughing so hard you cried almost every night). Satan is good that is all I can say, rose colored glasses. It is so hard to pray about someone when you have all these other feelings play through out your head 24 hours a day. Luckily,  I listened enough to get my family involved even though it put a strain on our relationship for a moment. I am so blessed to have my sister who had many sleepless nights helping me through this process. I am so grateful that God has given us our families to help us through these trials of ours and for the ability that our families can get inspiration for us too because without them I just might not have chosen the bestest path for me or my posterity.

Going back to the book, we are asked to become a disciple and become His. We must let GO, so we can welcome the task that takes us beyond ourself. By accepting this process of letting go of who we are and becoming who the Lord knows we can be, we are becoming something more than we could have even imagined.

Which brings me to one of my favorite musicals, Godspell. I had the opportunity to be a stage manager for this musical back when I was in high-school. It has a wonderful story line along with great music.

Godspell.jpg

I thought this song was most appropriate because we are so lucky to have our Lords' help throughout our life and how lucky are we to have someone on our side who is pushing us to be better then we could even imagine.


0 comments:

Post a Comment